Sunday 9 March 2008

Permission

I'm just getting over a nasty stomach bug.
Blech.
I'll spare you the horrible details
but I will say that being very sick gives one permission to focus completely on comfort and rest
...and that is a blessing.

Of course, comfort has involved a little crochet ~ last night I felt well enough to start making Inga's Bag out of some Anchorline cotton I have in my stash. It looks like it will be fun to do.

And, speaking of blessings,
I went out into the garden for the first time in days this morning and discovered a flush of roses, caught by the sunlight, at the back door:



Aren't they divine?

I also wanted to say thank you to all the lovely people who have left comments here of late, including some new visitors who've dropped by through Small Is Beautiful. I really appreciate the kind things you've said and, if I haven't already responded, I will as soon as I can.


Happy Sunday.

3 comments:

Indigo Blue said...

Yes, the bag looks really good. Clever shape when you look at the layout for putting it together. What colour scheme have you decided on. The squares are different to the general granny one that is all I can do at the moment. Look forward to seeing yours. Hope you feel better.
Best wishes,
Thanks for the nice things said about me on your blog!

inkberryblue said...

Hi indigo blue.
Nice to see you here!

I'm using a variegated cotton that's mainly red with splashes of ochre, sky blue and green. (It's bright!) I think you could easily adapt the Inga Bag and make it with general granny squares.

Thanks for the well wishes.
=]

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Lovely photo of the roses! I've been on the stomach bug rollercoaster, too -- glad that you're getting better.