Friday 23 November 2007

Rescued

I've been really sick with a migraine.
I was so unwell at the beginning of the week that I had to be rescued by my parents ~
my dad came and picked me up, drove me to the doctors' and then whisked me away to spend a couple of days at his and my mother's home.
I usually live very independently,
I haven't relied so much on them for a looooong time,
but it was nice!
I was sympathised with, given cups of tea, cooked for and sent off for naps. As I felt better, I worked in the garden with Mum and talked about lots of arty things. My mother loves to create, and to draw in particular. She showed me this little pencil sketch she did a few weeks ago while she was waiting in a doctor's surgery:



(This is probably destined to go on the front of the Christmas cards my parents are going to print this year. )

My mother gave me some copies of other pieces of her work for me to share here.

This is a pencil drawing of my niece when she was a baby:








...and here's a portrait that my mother drew of me:




She's clever, isn't she? Not that I'm biased or anything.


I'm glad to say that I left Mum and Dad's feeling nurtured and nourished and healed.
May it continue!

Happy weekend, everyone.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely to have such beautiful pictures drawn by your mum - it's such a special feeling...
I hope you are feeling better, and are not feeling forgotten by your Tea Cosy Swap Partner - I'm sure that they are just working their way through the Silly Season, slowly getting bits and pieces together, hampered a little by having their fingers crossed that the pattern will work, fit, and go with your kitchen :)
signed,
A Well-Wisher

Anonymous said...

Wow, your mom is really talented! I guess it runs in the family. :)

Bhavna said...

Wow, how lovely!

You, yourself are so talented. Is there any artform you don't pursue?

My best,
Bhavna